18 September 2006

Low Fat Blueberry Muffin

This recipe has been given to me by a friend when I was a fresh grad working at a Japanese company about 9 years ago. Her muffins were simply superb. My all time favourite was apple muffin but for the life of me, I couldn't remember where i kept the recipe. Well...if you were a good cook like most of my friends then perhaps you could substitute the blueberry with apple and send me the result (real muffins please, not photo)
Note the ingredients that i highlighted in bold. Those are what made this muffin low fat.

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup non-fat milk
2 tbsp canola oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup blueberries

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a nonstick 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper cups.
  • In a large bowl, stir flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
  • In a small bowl, combine milk, canola oil and egg.
  • Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add milk, oil and egg mixture.
  • Stir until just moist.
  • Fold in blueberries.
  • Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake 18-20 minutes until golden.
  • Cool on wire rack.
    Makes 12 muffins.

No comments: